- 1 kilo of pork belly (about 1/4 in thick), about 6-7 slices
- 1 c vinegar
- 1/2 head of garlic finely chopped. Or better yet, pound away into a paste in mortar and pestle
- 1 T sea salt
- black pepper
When using a mortar and pestle, put the salt with the garlic to prevent the garlic from jumping out. Mix all the ingredients together and this is your marinade. Keep the pork soaked in this mixture in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- 1 kilo mussels, cleaned and bearded
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 thumb size ginger, julienned
- Fish sauce (patis) or salt
- pepper to taste
- Optional: handful of chili leaves (dahon ng sili)
In a pot, heat a little oil and saute your garlic and ginger till fragrant. Careful not to burn your garlic as it gets bitter. Simply put in the mussels and add 2-3 cups of water. Add fish sauce or salt to taste. Balance with a pinch of pepper. Turn on high heat to boil.